Moderator Control Panel ]

VCFA House Report #5

Fishing Reports from Captain Brian Horsley and Captain Sarah Gardner

VCFA House Report #5

Postby fishermike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi! Just a fabulous day on the water today! :D Albies everywhere. We started at President's Point and when we arrived nothing was happening and we had heard some reports on the radio of action off Atlantic Beach and we were ready to leave and make a run when we noticed a lot of fish activity on the depth finder and decided to wait a while before taking off. Good decision! As soon as the tide started moving, all of those fish on the bottom just started to explode on the surface. Albies splashing on the surface in all quadrants. We were soon hooked up in short order, just the start of a memorable day. :D Our "little boat that could" the little 14' foot boat that I'm sure many of you saw motoring all over the place led the way hooking 30 and landing 20 including a couple of double hookups, and that can get a little exciting in a small boat! They caught many of them casting along with some trolling. They seemed to be running along the 20' line chasing bait and this was going on all day long. We had to go in early to get someone on their way home early, but still hooked 10 and landed 7 before leaving early afternoon. Totals for the house now stand at 126 hooked and 78 landed after 6 days of fishing. The fasted start to 100 or more we have ever had in 19 years of fishing here. I'm telling all of you this year is going to be epic and will be talked about in fishing circles for many years. You need to get your butt down here and get in on the action. Good start would be to call Brian or Sarah and see about booking a day. Wx tomorrow may be a little wet with chance of rain and Sat is supposed to blow, so tomorrow may be last chance before Sun. Hope the wcx guys are wrong as usual, after all, they have a 50/50 chance to be right! In the meantime, we will continue to eat well and get out after the albies, with many albie fish tales told every nite. Had a great fish fry last nite and shrimp and bbq tonite! If you are in the area, stop by and share some stories! Tight lines, mike buss

Re: VCFA House Report #5

Postby wenzer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi mike, great fishing! My buddy and I are planning a trip and do a lot of fishing from the shore. Have you been noticing any fish in tight? Any info appreciated. Thank you, Robert

Postby fishermike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi! Last two days you would have had a number of shots at albies off President's Point in the am. Previous two days to that, they were there in the afternoon. Would have had some shots just about every day, just not something you can mark your clock with. Give me a shout when you get down and can give you more current info. thanks and tight lines, mike

Postby wenzer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Thank you, Mike. I hope the hot bite continues for you guys!!

Return to Flat Out and Fly Girl Reports