Moderator Control Panel ]

Lake Erie Fishing

Freshwater Reports from near and far

Lake Erie Fishing

Postby Sharpefly » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Well fishing up on Lake Erie has been a little slow this spring. Water temp around 40. Have had my new to me Parker out 5 times between the snow days. Have caught a few Steelhead. The streams up here are winding down on Steelheads. A few pike are starting to be caught and with the air temps and sun shine this weekend may start seeing some bass.

Re: Lake Erie Fishing

Postby Emerson » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Heh Jim,
We went to Spring Creek a few weeks ago and did real well with Blue Winged Olives..super cold but super duper fun!
As you can see..got some neat brown trout and MR. SUCKER!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Postby BlueHeron » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:16 am

Looks like fun

Seems there's always one "off" species in the mix with you E (no such thing as trash fish if it pulled on your line!) :?
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Postby XXXi2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:23 am

Nice work!
It's always great to see some Spring Creek browines. I sure to miss them: I used to fish there 2-3 times/week, now I'm lucky to make it up once per year.
20" is not 20 lbs.

Postby crashpup » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Dave, Keep in mind that we actually have awards for trash fish. One of the most elusive (and coveted) awards is our "Grand Slam" in Maine. Anyone who can catch the Big Three: Sunny, Perch, Chub, or any other acceptable species, wins this award. No one has taken the title for years, but I believe the most recent winner was...(you probably know)

Postby tgacga » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey Emerson...The Grannoms have been going gangbusters since last friday...You should get back up that way again. BWOs are really starting to show...kind of late if you ask me...but its supposed to be 80's this weekend. Cold water and warm days...bugs galore.

Someone mentioned the lake. Erie tribs have been fishing well this spring. Some fresh ones have continued to come in for some reason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tgacga on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Sharpefly » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Was on Elk last Saturday lots of fresh stealhead,suckers and smolts. With the warmer weather due this weekend stealhead will probably falling back to lake. Calling for 70 and 80 dgr. their also calling for snow flakes tonite. Nutty spring weather.

Postby Emerson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:59 pm

tgacga,

Thanks for the info..

I know thqt the BWO's were hot for awhile but really stopped...grannoms sound great!

Might be there next week!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing