Moderator Control Panel ]

A little SE PA action

Freshwater Reports from near and far

A little SE PA action

Postby Emerson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Went to the Tully in Reading today. It was over 95 the last 2 days and only got down to 81 or so last night.
Had 3 in the net by 5:30. It was exceptional today!

IMGP4239.jpeg

Fish were rising all over as I walked down at 5:20. It was still a bit dark. The feed bag is on during the cool times and not during the excessive heat. The fish were eating the #18 caddis emergers only! I thought there might be trico action but not so. No problem...the fish love their caddis.

Love the crowds:
IMGP4245.jpeg

Later trico spinners were blanketing the water but not a single fish was eating them in the faster water. They were drifting down from upstream. I was still using the emerger.

After the trico spinner fall the fish were now eating the caddis dun...like my #18 snowshoe.

By around 9:30 the temperature was rising and getting too hot for me. I started back across and the last few caught were feeding out of the slightly faster water right at the place I entered. Got this guy there. I quit at 9:45.
IMGP4246.jpeg

What a day...fish were still rising when I left but way less consistently as the heat got turned up!

Those of you that can fish this area.....now is the time for super action! The fish are large for here and hungry, #18 tan or even green caddis emerges are the deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Re: A little SE PA action

Postby BlueHeron » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Postby meatstick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 pm

All trout and no rough-ies ? Shoot, and I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. :mrgreen:

Postby TLT » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Way to go Em! You need to get the boat in the water. Fishing is pretty darn good down here. It's like speck a go go!

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing