Moderator Control Panel ]

U.P. Trout Fishing

Freshwater Reports from near and far

U.P. Trout Fishing

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Well...I recently moved from VA to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan(Houghton to be exact) to work for the summer and then start my Master's work this fall. After getting settled in, I began to look for places to fish and well....I found em. It seems like everywhere you turn up here there is fishy water. so far, I've only ventured into some of the local trout waters but I've been pretty impressed. I fished for the first time last Tuesday and spent about 1.5 hr on the water with dry flies; landing 10 or so in this time(all brook and rainbows) and then went out again today for about 2.5hrs. Today yielded 20 fish all on dries, with a likely PR on wild brook trout at 9 or 10inches. I apologize for the lack of pictures to go with this report but the fish are biting too well to take pictures. Attached is a picture of what I thought was a large brook trout(my boss simply said "wait till later in the summer" and then smiled) we caught while electrofishing for work.

If anyone is interested in fishing the UP, I'll gladly share the little bit of knowledge I have on it so far and if you come up, might even show you around, in exchange for some good southern cookin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing