Moderator Control Panel ]

last few days in Maine

Freshwater Reports from near and far

last few days in Maine

Postby Emerson » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:29 pm

We have had the worst weather ever here. This is our 33 year at the same place. We drove up in a torrential downpour. It rained 9" in 2.5 days there..that was where we stayed on Sun night. The last few days have been highs from 47 to 52...with lows of 15 knot winds with gust that would blow you over. Weather weenies today said 5-9 mph...we had steady 15 with gusts higher. We are in double end canoes so 15 is not nice...tough to keep things steady.

Here are items we found driving to a remote lake..lady slippers...wild orchids...really pretty
IMGP4192.jpeg

A landlocked salmon eating a few caddis emerges.....the hatches have almost totally stopped due to cold and rain.
IMGP4194.jpeg

Oh well...still having fun.
Would have been many laughs if select people would have seen me imitating Michael Phelps on the stream the other night! :lol:

...Oh B...there are 4 people here from NC...I tried to explain to them the correct way to say hurricane....not hurrahcun Gave them to candy cane rule..they chuckled!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Re: last few days in Maine

Postby kendalloz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Gr8 Report! But you are wondering about the bad weather? ;)

Love the lady slippers I have not seen one in the wild for 20-years....very cool...

Re: last few days in Maine

Postby bhorsley » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:58 pm

if the weather sucks --look for Emerson he is close :o

He went to Baja this spring and now the talk is sea of Cortez is dead---no bait and very few fish anywhere --from loreto to cabo
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing