Moderator Control Panel ]

Best Flly Fishing within the OBX!

Freshwater Reports from near and far

Best Flly Fishing within the OBX!

Postby TheCountyLineOBX » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Just 17 miles from Manteo is a little known fresh water lake named "The County Line".... also known as fish-n-play. It has 9+lb Bass, 2 kinds of catfish, Perch, Brim & Round Robin....including Pumkin-seed.
The County Line requires no fishing license due to it being a private lake... catch -n0- release or catch to eat, dinner only... stocking your freezer is NOT appreciated or allowed. We charge $10.00 for fishing & if no one is at home we have a honor box ... all we ask is that you leave us a note and tell us how many people are in your party.... also if you plan to camp out...tents are welcomed... self contained RV as well.... again the cost is just %$10.00 per ADULT... kids 4 legged & 2 legged are FREE, as long as they're not of the driving age, ok? Let's admit their no longer a "kid" by that time. we HAVE A Grill, picnic table, port-pot.... we live at the front of the lake & guests are welcome to use the indoor plumbing...even a cup of coffee in the morning!
Your welcomed to call either our Verizon cell 757-647-2888 or our home / office number which is 252-473-1830. Thank you... you'll love fishing, paddle boating, using out canoe or little boat ( all are on a share basis)... Again thank you again for considering visiting our place... basically we've opened our piece of paradise hoping to save my home... had major surgery from T-2 all the way down my back so I can walk again... hopefully work again...you'll enjoy your time here... we're located within the National Alligator Wildlife Refuge... just 17 minutes from Manteo or Columbia.... Hope to see you soon...

Re: Best Flly Fishing within the OBX!

Postby Biff » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks for posting this - are you right off 64 headed west?
You can never take a picture of a thing, you can only take a picture of the light on a thing - "the way that light attaches to a girl"

Postby TheCountyLineOBX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 am

Yes... right on Hwy 64... travel as though your headed to Columbia... I am at 19210 Hwy 64... approx 1 1/2 miles from the bridge on the right.

Postby TheCountyLineOBX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:34 am

Before the bridge... not from the bridge...ugh!!! You'll see 2 streets on your right prior to my large drive way, the 1st street is named Dell-Lee and the following is named South Lake... I am the 3rd driveway after South Lake... You'll see I have 2 warning cones on either side of the driveway...also I have a sign on the tree just before the driveway....no I'm not an artist but I tried ; ) The Bass have already started hitting, guess it is because of the wonderful weather we've been having...YEA!

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing