Moderator Control Panel ]

Hatteras bass!

Freshwater Reports from near and far

Hatteras bass!

Postby Biff » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:38 am

Took my first sojourn down the newly reunited Hatteras archipelago yesterday and looked at the new inlet just north of New Inlet with an eye towards a cast or three but that water was dirty and smokin'! Past the villages (man, ya gotta feel for those guys!) and the wind just kinda pushed me down to Avon (Robbie Robertson reference) where I feared for some favorite ponds that might have become saline mud flats or sinkholes, when what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a bass laden haven infested by deer! 8 largies, a couple of 'gills, and in spite of the wind blowing a bundle my 5 wt. got a workout for an hour or so just in advance of a gorgeous sunset. Started with a black booger, then switched to a bead head white one. Right before sunset a few were going aerial and I tried a damselfly but none answered her distress and Colington called. And so it goes....
You can never take a picture of a thing, you can only take a picture of the light on a thing - "the way that light attaches to a girl"

Re: Hatteras bass!

Postby Emerson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Wow....what a special day!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing