Moderator Control Panel ]

Fall on the Tully near Reading, PA

Freshwater Reports from near and far

Fall on the Tully near Reading, PA

Postby Emerson » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Bill and I traveled to the Tully Monday am. This is a bottom release stream near Reading, PA Got there at 7:50 AM...CFS= 423..a bit high with the water height at 3.8 ft at the guage. 400 is typically our upper limit!
Here is Bill..no one else up or downstream!
IMGP3773.jpg

Here are the fish...they love San Juan worms!
This was a real nice one.
IMGP3774.jpg

The red lateral lines were very pronounced in the fall!
IMGP3776.jpg

I ran out of red SJWs so I had to use pink..no problem..
IMGP3778.jpg

It was cool temperature wise plus I needed a resupply of SJWs. I went back to car and got my share. I saw 3 kids walking around speaking about tech school. They looked as if they were up to NO Good but they left. I believe that school was in session! I went back down the steps and said to Bill if he thought the height had risen. Yes! I looked at the gauge and it was over 4 feet. We beat it back across and out...checked on our phones and found the CFS to be 508 and climbing.

A guy was walking 2 dogs and told us to go upstream on the path to see the damage...WOW!!! The water went over the dam for the 2nd time since 1978. The water level was 11 feet. There is an emergency spillway that was used and wiped out lots of earth siding and exposed tons of rocks. Unfortunately I left my camera in the car!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Re: Fall on the Tully near Reading, PA

Postby XXXi2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Nice work on the bows from the high water. The 508 cfs you guys recorded at the end is nothing to sneeze at.
I can't believe the dam crested; that's simply unreal, at least from what I remember of the structure. Too bad you didn't have the camera for the aftermath of that one.
20" is not 20 lbs.

Postby BlueHeron » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Looks like the water is pretty well up to Bill's navel.
With the level rising - if he stayed out much longer, he'd have to change his name to Bob.
NIce that you got out.
Guess you got your three days of work in for the month.
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Postby Keysjake » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Emerson: I think that You know some Tarpon, personally which would eat those worms? :lol: :lol:
Captain Jake Jordan

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing