Moderator Control Panel ]

Western Carolina fun

Freshwater Reports from near and far

Western Carolina fun

Postby Biff » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:57 am

Setting up camp at my mountain abode - http://www.watersonglodge.com -

Dates set, we are heading out on the 23rd, late, and will be in residence and fishing from the 24th through the 30th - yahoo! Magic Mike has a new 4 wt setup to master. Nice break after wrestling his 8, for sure. We'll hit the shop in Waynesville for copper johns and brown marvins and hit Cherokee, maybe the Davidson, French Broad, Tuck, who knows? Tom Sloate is heading out for a day or so of play - anybody else interested should hit me through here or call Shooters early next week - the more storytellers the better! Biff
Posted this in Flycasters also, but any boardie is welcome! Thanks
You can never take a picture of a thing, you can only take a picture of the light on a thing - "the way that light attaches to a girl"

Re: Western Carolina fun

Postby Biff » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Well, the Magic man and I fished a good bit last week and did pretty well. Nice big bows over in Cherokee on Raven Fork, caught about a 4 pounder, broke off a 5 and a FAT one bigger than that. Waded the Tuckasegee and got a nice Brownie, and did the West Fork of the Pigeon and got a little brown, decent Brookie, and a beautiful rainbow with pink sides and a green back, along with great foliage, hiking, music and brews. Nice contrast from the beach.
You can never take a picture of a thing, you can only take a picture of the light on a thing - "the way that light attaches to a girl"

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing