Moderator Control Panel ]

Mossy Creek 9/18/10

Freshwater Reports from near and far

Mossy Creek 9/18/10

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Lwflyrod and I headed out today for a one month till Harker's warm up on some browns at Mossy Creek. Started out about 8am and fished until 430. In the end we came up with about 20 fish between the two of us(nearly as many as we caught in all of 2009 there). Most all of them were browns with a kicker rainbow and a few chubs. Overall it was a great day on the water. Willing fish, monsters willing to look at your fly, and beautiful weather. Couldnt ask for it to have been better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Re: Mossy Creek 9/18/10

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:23 pm

here are a few more pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby lwflyrod » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:35 am

Great Day! Thank Bradley. Had a blast.
Doesn't look like schedules will let us get back down there till after Harkers.

Yes. Fish were biting, :D Most ranged from 10" on up to about 15" that were landed, a couple of smaller ones even got in. Yes there were the Willing to look Monsters, They would look but not take. But Brad had one take and it Snapped him right off, Wished I had it on video. So Cool to see that big head come out from under the bank and slurp, it was like in slow motion.
Drys, Streamers, Terrestrials and nymphs. Caught fish on all 4 types.

I had a wild idea friday night, Bradley and I ordered some 3d eyes the other day really good deal, they arrived friday and I was anxious to see how they worked out so I decided to try my hand at tying some silcone minnows flies. Used some ideas from the Albie Fly swap, some angel hair, but instead of goo or expoy I used clear slicone. they came out pretty nice. Ended up tying 3 to test and Tried them out on the Mossy Trout and the Browns even ate them, 8-)
Ended up losing 2 to the unforgiving trees,grass and briars out there. Back to the bench.....Got to tie a bunch of for Harkers now.

What a Day! The fish gods were smiling today!!! :D :D
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Postby kendalloz » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:48 am

Way to go! :D

Postby toddkfly » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:55 am

Brownies on hoppers with family, tough to beat!! How are the water levels? Will be up that way at least one day next week for a meeting and may have a rod ready to roll.

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:43 am

water levels are low and the fish are spooky but there are most definitely fish to be caught.
Bradley

Postby lwflyrod » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Spooky wasnt the word, They felt your footsteps, you had go real slow and low in alot of places.
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Return to Freshwater Fly Fishing