Moderator Control Panel ]

Fun on top

Saltwater Reports from everywhere else

Fun on top

Postby BlueHeron » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:06 am

I was getting tired of being asked at work and social gatherings about fishing and having to say I hadn't been out. Yesterday was beautiful weather so I had to go. Donna a and I packed a dinner grabbed some rods and ran out in the evening. South wind jumped from single digits all day to mid teens as we left, so I abandoned thoughts of running down to poplar island. We drifted the bar at Tolley pt a few times with no luck. Noted the anchored ships starting to turn against the wind. Ah, a nice ebb should help.
A few birds drew my attention to surface action. (I noticed later that royal terns were in the bird mjx). We pushed that way and were up wind of them and the only boat when it turned into acres of breaking fish. Cookie cutter 17 to 19.5 inch rockfish. Yes I measured the 19.5, and yes the limit is now 20. And yes the bigger ones hit a surface plug. Donna stopped for tired arms. I stopped to get in in daylight.
adult and juvenile peregrines on the bridge, the latter eating. A pair of night herons otop pilings in the cove finished the evening. Finally ate dinner at home.
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Re: Fun on top

Postby GaryF » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Sure sounds like fun - thanks for the report, Dave.
If people concentrated on really important things in life, thereā€™d be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson

Re: Fun on top

Postby bhorsley » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:54 pm

excellent
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Return to Saltwater Near and Far