Moderator Control Panel ]

New Orleans Late March

Saltwater Reports from everywhere else

New Orleans Late March

Postby AMJohnston » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:16 pm

I'll be down that way in late March and may be able to stay over a day or two to fish. Any suggestions or recommendations? Venice?

Re: New Orleans Late March

Postby Todd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Andy-I did that trip in 2012. Posted a report here:

Let me know if you want contact information for the guides. I do think the weather may be a factor for you that time of year.

Postby TLT » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:55 pm

I went to Louisiana the last week of March. Knowing that the weather could be a risk, it was great. Yes it was breezy, in the sixties, colder on the water; but the fishing was spectacular. We fished out of West Point a la Hache and stayed at Woodland Plantation further up the road than Venice. We used Alec Griffin for our guide. We are booked again this year the same week because it works for our schedule.

Todd will steer you towards a great guide in New Orleans. The folks at Woodland can also hook you up with other good guides. Rich Waldner fishes out of that lodge as well.

Postby sara736 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:30 am

Left a phone message at troutfitters but no reply. They probably don't start taking reservations until spring. I am very excited about this trip. When it gets closer I will need some advise about what to pack and what to rent

Cut down your exam stress by 1D0-61A latest dumps our latest Android exam and high quality Princeton University and testking Babson College demos.

Return to Saltwater Near and Far