Moderator Control Panel ]

Sweltering Perch Fest ....

Saltwater Reports from everywhere else

Sweltering Perch Fest ....

Postby meatstick » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:49 pm

When I knocked off work yesterday I came home and had a Country Time lemonade in a tall Dogfish Head, craft brewed ale glass. Took a cool shower and got re-hydrated. It was 91 degrees (still) at 7pm. Went to the rip-rap and almost turned around and went home ... there was no effing water in the river !! Super low tide. Decided to try fishing anyway ... even if my longest cast would only reach water that was 15" deep. Well, the whiteys didn't care if the water was shallow. Lots of nice ones and they exploded when hooked ...because they couldn't go "down".

I could only handle an hour out there. The humidity was unbearable. I was soaked from my hat to my belt in perspiration. Had to take another shower and more lemonade and cold water. Like fishing in a frickin' sauna. If this keeps up you may find me in the Northwest Territories of Canada.

Bug issues ?

Tonight the perch were cool to the touch ... means they just came in from deep water I bet.

A gazillion little stripers in the river this year. I can almost assure you that the YOY (Young of the Year) index will be high when the State scientists finish with their sampling.

A few rat reds (12-14") have been caught in locals creeks ... happens
during dry summers.

Re: Sweltering Perch Fest ....

Postby Emerson » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Great job and report LJMMMLB!
expelled by el Compressor

Re: Sweltering Perch Fest ....

Postby Cutter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Nice. We've been all over the little stripers and nice perch, but no reds yet.
The world is your oyster-
So show up with a knife and know how to shuck.

Return to Saltwater Near and Far