Moderator Control Panel ]

A day on Jupiter

Saltwater Reports from everywhere else

A day on Jupiter

Postby Emerson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 pm

I was invited to Jensen Beach, FL just north of Stuart. This was an in-law deal on my wife's side so...of course I said..."Of course I will go dear! But, would you mind if I spent just 1/2 a day fishing (turned out to be almost an entire day..ha ha ha!)" So I asked Andy Johnston who travels to FL frequently to fish who he liked. Andy strongly recommended Capt Scott Hamilton. Here is his website:
http://www.flyfishingextremes.com/

Scott is a great guy, a superb guide and a wealth of info. He has the area (Jupiter) dialed in. He fishes 12 months a year and knows the when, what and how for each day. We started out getting some pilchards for enticement. Then we started out in an area where he got a few horse-eyed jacks the day before. Did not take long to get a nice one...what pullage. He ate the supreme fly...Scott's"Eat Me" fly which is a dead ringer for most bait we fish. I will be tying some for later adventures. Go online and Google Eat Me fly and you will be the recipes.Here the fly is hanging out of Mr H.E. Jack' mouth.
Image 2.jpg

Next up were some nice rainbow runners....these guys can pull as well.

Image 9.jpg

Scott's main desire was getting a person who fishes Harkers a few alberts...There are miles and miles of these guys. I might have gotten one 9 lber and all the rest were 12 to 15 lbs. Two times I cast my line out to straighten it out and got bit! We used 10 weights close to shore (1 to 2 miles) and then in deeper water off the reef on over 200 ft we used a 12 weight for Mr Al B. Core. Why? Because 8 ft sharks were eating them like candy! I probably lost 3 albies to sharks and one to a wahoo. I saw a flying fish land and get eaten by an albie..WOW!

If you are 1.5 hours distance from Jupiter go out with Scott...if you want to know any other info, please ask Andy Johnston or myself.
My arms were sore after 6-7 hours of constant pullage. If you want great action, superb instruction and a super fishing adventure, give Scott a call. Right now it is albie time BIGTIME!
Image 8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Re: A day on Jupiter

Postby Todd » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 am

Great report! That is a fun trip.

Postby meatstick » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:55 am

OMG ... what a combo, Emerson and Capt. Hamilton.

Scott is probably in therapy at this very moment.

:D :mrgreen:

Postby AMJohnston » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 am

Scott e-mailed to complain about his engines backfiring while Em was on his boat. I didn't have the heart to tell him.
Scott is the man. Happy to discuss him and his trips with anyone who is slightly interested. He does fish out of a public marina near Singer Island, which is 30 mintes south of Stuart and closer to folks who might be ia little further south of Stuart.

Postby Timbo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Sweet report guys. That looks like a "must do" next time I'm down that way. THANKS :!:

Postby Cutter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:36 pm

I have fished with Scott out of West Palm Beach. Both times the weather kept us out of the ocean, but we hammered the jacks in the inlet and big cuda in the anchorage, I jumped some 50# class tarpon off the ends of marina docks, but the owners of $M boats were not happy. He is a fun and vocal Capt with good local knowledge. I can not imagine sharing a boat with Scott and E :shock: If you are down there for business or otherwise he is very accomodating for a quick half day out of any local launching ramp.

The eat me fly works well from here to Baja. Caught a rooster on one.

Just sayin'
The world is your oyster-
So show up with a knife and know how to shuck.

Return to Saltwater Near and Far