Moderator Control Panel ]

Cape Cod 2012

Saltwater Reports from everywhere else

Cape Cod 2012

Postby Sharpefly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 pm

June 2 eighteen fisherman and fisherwomen and 5 boats went to the Cape for a week form Erie,Pa.
The first three day we were hit with gale force winds. Normally the way the Cape sets on the ocean you can find some protected water. Well this year was'nt one of them. Winds circled the three days up to 40 miles an hour.
This broke up all the bait balls and scattered them.
The fourth day we got out on the Nantucket side and found a few fish off Hyannis.
The fifth day we went out on the Cape Cod bay side at Brewster Flats and Billingsgate Shoals and found a few fish and a couple busting pods.
The sixth day some headed for Cape Cod Bay and three of us headed to Hyannis. Blues and Striper were starting to gather again.
I headed out the last day for me in the morning before heading back to Erie in the afternoon. We had great fishing on the falling tide.
Four of the fisherman that had been shore fishing took a charter to Race Point and ran into busting 30lb fish on top water. They had a great day.
Since we all returned had report from friend of mine the last few days have been epic.
All in all everyone had a good trip and looking forward to next year.

Re: Cape Cod 2012

Postby meatstick » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Jim, I'm glad the weather finally calmed down for you. Were there any
first-timers in your group that scored a nice striper or bluefish ? :mrgreen:

Postby Sharpefly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 am

Yes there was 12 of them had never saltwater fished before. All caught some stripers only few caught Blues. Blues seem to be just getting up there. Most we caught on flies but there was some conventional tackle used also.

Postby Emerson » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Jim way to hang in there. I feel your weather pain. I was in Maine during the same weather!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Return to Saltwater Near and Far