Moderator Control Panel ]

memorial day

Saltwater Reports from everywhere else

memorial day

Postby BlueHeron » Tue May 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Two weeks ago I kayaked the bay shore of Accomack County.
The paddling pace precluded much fishing - although I got out in the evenings and managed a spec a rock and a pair of CN rays (always fun in a Yak) - BUT the paddles took us through some shalllow grass beds and aquarium like clear water. All sort of critters were seen - including reds and specs. and that was from the small cone of vision in a kayak.
So I optimistically looked forward to my annual memorial day outing to fox island - just a little Northwest, and with flats that I know well. However the trip was truncated by a must attend event on saturday - my daughters college graduation :D , so I only got down for one day with my carolina skiff.
Reports were that the reds were gone. I drifted some flats, and saw nothing. the water was fairly turbid, and the horizon cloudy.
fished some points and some cuts as well and ended up with 4 rock - largest just 20 inches and a couple of specs- largest was 19.
Great food, beverage, and company of friends as always. :D
Summer arrived for sure this weekend.
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Re: memorial day

Postby kendalloz » Tue May 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Sounds like a good report to me! Thanx!

Folks are sayin' we should kill them rays when we hook them as they eat too many oysters....Maybe take up bow fishing?

Re: memorial day

Postby Emerson » Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Great report Dave..sounds like fun and congrats on that graduation!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Return to Saltwater Near and Far