Moderator Control Panel ]

Jupiter Report

Saltwater Reports from everywhere else
CaptDino

Jupiter Report

Postby CaptDino » Thu May 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Well the wind finally stopped blowing ( except for the early afternoon's when it kick's up w/heavy rain ) & we've been able to get out on the ocean. The little Albie's have gone & the big boy's are here. The biggest this week was 15#'s & the smallest was 6#'s. Mixed in there's been large Blue Runner's & the biggest Rainbow Runner's i've ever seen. Tuesday we found a large Leatherback turtle & by the time we got in range he took off w/about 10 nice Cobia w/him.

Today we were targetting King's. On the way in 65 feet of water the Albie's were just crushing the flyer's. Very cool thing to see is a flyer airbourne & when he hit's the water his life has ended. We never stopped to fish as we were on a King mission. Once we hit our destination it was an incrediable bite. We hooked 12 & boated 8. The biggest going only 15#'s, but nice on the 9wt. We did encounter a few Albie's out there.

The dock light Snooking has been very good. The bigger fish are starting to move out & getting ready to do there thing. Outgoing tide's have been better, will be having that early next week.

( www.onlyonafly.com )

Re: Jupiter Report

Postby kendalloz » Fri May 29, 2009 12:39 pm

:D

CaptDino

Postby CaptDino » Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 pm

The King bite today was unbeliveable.

Postby meatstick » Fri May 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Dino, you're killin' me ... you-are-killing-me !!

But I have recorded time-frame, depths, and temps in my
journal.

Just can't extricate myself from work and family stuff now.

CaptDino

Postby CaptDino » Sat May 30, 2009 7:00 am

John

I here U. It was so good I had go back & fish w/a friend last night. It started w/4 King's right off the bat & it slowed up. We ended up w/8. I guess I shouldn't complain as we only fished for 2 hour's. Everyday is different, some day's they chew better in the a.m. then the p.m. & yesterday when I wanted to play it was the a.m.

Return to Saltwater Near and Far