Moderator Control Panel ]

GoPro Hero 3 control by iphone/droid...

Show your stuff.

Re: GoPro Hero 3 control by iphone/droid...

Postby Riffly » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Got to hand it to Woodman Labs that they continue to push the envelope in this market. LEW

Postby kendalloz » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 pm

I got the android app on a pretty cheap $125 ZTE phone and it works very well. But it does not live stream once you start recording. You can see what the camera sees (aim it) before you hit the record button. You can start and stop recording. I guess if you are using it to take photos you will continue to get a display on the phone between shutter releases. Pretty cool. I can stay connected to the camera just under the surface of salt water as well...but the signal gets lost after a few inches under water.

Postby Riffly » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 am

Watching the Fischer Production of "Shark Men" and it looks like they use a stick appratus with a remote monitor with a flip top case for the over the gunnel stuff. If you watch you can see GoPros stuck all over the place and you bet they they are running wireless apps as well. Bottom line is that they are afforable setups that allow "multible p.ov. filler" with quality that is just getting better and better. LEW

Return to Photography