Moderator Control Panel ]

New GoPro Firmware tested...

Show your stuff.

New GoPro Firmware tested...

Postby kendalloz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:14 pm

There is some GoPro ProTune footage in this video from yesterday. I cannot see a lot of difference in this from the previous firmware...though the files are
larger so there must be more data there. There is also "test" footage from a hacked Lumix GH-2. The lingo is for the video nerds on some other forums...

http://vimeo.com/51444415

Re: New GoPro Firmware tested...

Postby SOBX » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Sweet, I thought that was Thimsen on the boat with Hubert! A belated good to see you again and welcome to the Official Opening Day of the real albie season!!!

Good Fishing!!!

Postby bhorsley » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:47 pm

thats some great stuff there --THANKS and as always it was super spending time with you--
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby JSnipes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Great video Kendall... underwater critters on the prowl.. cool stuff.

Postby kendalloz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 pm

The scoop from the video forums is the 2nd scene with Hubert looks great because he is so handsome and the shallow depth of field (lens wide open) and neutral colors.

Slo Mo is screwed because I was trying to shoot at 60-frames a second with 125 shutter (you get the smoothest motion if the shutter speed is twice the frame rate) but in error I still has the cam set at 30 frames a second so the 125 shutter screwed it up.

If I bump the saturation in camera up 1 or 2 clicks I would have great "no need to edit" footage but if I leave it as is I can still get it all to look great if I spend a lot of time in post. Hummmmm.

All the comments so far have been on the hack and not the GoPro.

One guy is overseas and all he said was "wow shark infested waters...looks scary to me" or something like that!

Nice to see you all again........

Postby bhorsley » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 pm

keep it coming
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby pmaxwell » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

That is some great stuff, especially like the underwater look at all the critters down there.

Postby kendalloz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:19 pm

PS....The higher bit rate Pro Tune shooting does not work automatically after you install the new firmware. You have to go into the menu, select tools (the wrench) then "more" till you get to Protune and the default setting is off. Turn it on to use it.

If you have an older/slow computer you may not want to try it. Also, if you watch videos directly from the GoPro (not after transfer to computer and/or editing) you may not want to try it. The bigger files do not work well with slow processors, low memory, and the slow transfer speeds from the flash card to the computer by the USB.

Return to Photography