Moderator Control Panel ]

October visitors to Harkers

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

Re: October visitors to Harkers

Postby Sharpefly » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Coming down 11/7,8,9. Spending the 6th and 10 in VB for some stripers. Looking forward to seeing some of the old faces.

Postby vagabond » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 am

Em,
I'll be landing either late Saturday the 17th or Sunday the 18th for the week. I hate to leave the BF Tuna as it's been but nuts since early August.

After the first week at HIFC it may be each weekend until the albies give up.

Glad to see you guys had a great time in Baja Sur. Wished I could have made it. I did see images of an hombre that looked to be DJ Master Pete Max brandishing what appeared to be a J Darwin Charlton designed fish retarder. Hope he put it to good use.

No Tuna this weekend. 6' to 8' seas with 3 inches of rain. Acorns are 3" deep on the back lawn. Winter will be a great big suck this year.
"Vagabond"

They say the best men are moulded out of faults,
And, for the most, become much more the better
for being a little bad
Wm Shakespeare

Postby fishermike » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:10 am

:D Hi! Chuck, you're right, the view of the marsh is totally in the eye of the beholder! Just a few short weeks and we will be down there. Try to convince the albies to stay around for our visit! tight lines to all!

Postby BlueHeron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Emerson
Got a little better idea of who's around
thanks
Very psyched for next week.
I asked to be at the far end from you - but alas I'm in room 9
Ask Mrs Emerson for me - Do I need to bring earplugs?

After the IPA's - may sleep well anywhere.

I know sarah will have the "right" stuff, but here's a pic of my attempt to come close. These aren't all just for this trip - but it's my box of all my own ties. the flies on the far side are all made with goo. Added another crease fly already . I'm bringing some stuff to tie while we are there - while we drink.

I'll be off the net over the weekend - kayaking around cape charles in a nor'easter (smart?). See ya next monday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Postby fishermike » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:55 pm

:D Hi! A bunch of us from the Virginia Coastal Fly Anglers will be down Oct 31 thru Nov 21 staying at 114 Pintail Lane, just a few doors down from SOBX. Feel free to drop by to exchange lies about the day's activities. Still have a few open spots the first and last week for anyone needing a last minute place to stay. Just a short drive to the fishing center where Brian and Sarah launch, so keep us in mind for anyone planning a last minute charter with them. Chuck, what is the date of your Nov meeting? Looking forward to another great year! Thanks and tight lines, :D

Postby Emerson » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:34 am

Dave...we be in room 8.....ha ha ...no ear plugs for snoring....perhaps from other noises :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you Monday around 5!

Flies look great...

Don't forget your rain gear for your yak trip...it just might be a bit of a rain :o :o
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Postby SOBX » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 pm

The Cape Lookout Fly Fishers November meeting/banquet will again be at Shepards Point Rest. in Morehead City and the cost for the evening is $35. I just finished the final menu with the folks over at the rest. and we will have a flounder, chicken and prime rib entree with assorted other stuff and a cash bar. We will just like last year have some raffle and silent auction items and the entire rest. will be closed to all except the CLFF and guests. Please email me or shoot me a PM if any of y'all are interested in coming-----last year was a hoot!!!

Good Fishing!!!

Previous

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout