Moderator Control Panel ]

Early 'cores

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

Re: Early 'cores

Postby Emerson » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:54 pm

yup..the 19th(a Thursday)...we got there the 20th...we did not get a 23 lber that year but a 16 lb er was SMALL!!!!!

Lookin gooooooood!

First gotta do a week in Baja... wow the fall is awesome..fish hungry...people hungry ..cannot beat it!

So Little Time..So Much to Fish!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Postby SOBX » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Boys, today off Beaufort Inlet was as good as it can get with smaller fish (to 10 pounds maybe but definitely getting bigger). Had 2 really sweet gals from the fly club that Brian and Sarah helped at the Cape lookout Fly Club casting clinic in Febuary (one on her first 'core trip and the other on her second with 1 albacore between em). Casts were a little slower and a little shorter than I'm used to with some of the reular crowd I fish with (no slight to the ladies but I'm lucky enough to fish with some boys that can reach the backing or darn close), but the gals had 5 and 4 respectively and I made a cast and caught one!

Don't let the numbers fool you, with some 70/80 foot casters this could have easily been a 30/40 plus fish day with all the doubles and maybe some triples for sport! Got Flip Pallot coming down for a few days, if this weather holds up that will be a hoot for sure. If any of y'all are in the Morehead area this weekend and would like to attend his program for the fly club, give me a call on my cell (252-532-3983).

Good fishing!!!

Postby bhorsley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:12 pm

keep them rounded up for us Chuck. we be Baja bound--but my mind will be at the Cape
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby KnotCase » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:56 am

Glad you're whackin' 'em Chuck! Off to Baja with the crew, but I'm sure I'll see you on the water first weekend of October!
"You may attend a party where strange customs prevail."
- Fortune Cookie

Postby scarter » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:49 am

A report and a few pics from Monday, albert fishing's been all that for sure....
First, out early on blues under birds Beaufort Inlet.....

then on down shack banks finding plenty of these guys...

after tossing the tiniest flies known to man at the speedsters we steamed Eastard to put on the gloves and climb in the ring with these guys. Found Sea World of AJ's between the Summerlin and Caribsea..

" You can mow the grass if you want to, and you'd better want to.."
Dad

Postby meatstick » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Blues, to Albies, to Donkeys ... I'd say that was a great progression.

Nice gonin' !!

Postby SOBX » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Outstanding Smoot!!! Boys the whole neighborhood is full of some fly fishers that fish fear!!! ;)

Good Fishing!!!

Previous

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout