Moderator Control Panel ]

2017 VCFA House Report #21

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

2017 VCFA House Report #21

Postby fishermike » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi! Another great day on the water, but how about that fog? I don't think I have ever seen it last that long down here. It really put a premium on a good GPS system. We were able to go all over the place and got out early this morning using it. But then on the way back in I relied on my eyes and ran aground at the S curve. Just another addition to the House bucket list. I forgot to mention yesterday that we broke rod number 5 on the trip on another high stick! :| Today we found them immediately after arriving at the hook. They were up and down, but we had success by motoring up wind, turning off the motor, and then casting a sinking line and letting it sink all the way before retrieving and got a lot of hookups. We had 3 boats out again today and one of them got behind a trawler and had success, but it was hard to keep it in sight with the fog. We also took advantage of the late afternoon Hook bite and got some more. We ended the day hooking 28 and landing 22 :D with a number of doubles. We also caught a bunch of them casting to breaking fish. Just a great day on the water. Tomorrow is supposed to blow a little bit more and we hope to cash in before the really big blows arrive later this week. Hope to see you all bowed up tomorrow, thanks and tight lines, mike buss

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout