Moderator Control Panel ]

VCFA House Report #6

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

VCFA House Report #6

Postby fishermike » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi! Very good day today!! :D We had a late start and rounded the spit around 8 am and I thought I was in a time warp and I was back to last year! We saw lots of birds working about a mile off the #2 buoy and the closer we got the more albies we saw, a couple of acres of breaking fish! :D We had them all to ourselves for about 45 min before the fleet started to show up. It lasted for 2 and a half hours before all the boats put them down. :| Then they moved down toward the shoals and we had them for another hour. All in all, just a real nice day! Now let's hope they stick around and repeat tomorrow. Was nice to have them actually stay up to give us a few shots at them. :D Unlike recently when they seemed to play hide and seek with us, popping up here and there and then moving just as you arrived!! House totals are now 26 hooked and 19 landed! Hope to see you all hooked up tomorrow, thanks and tight lines, mike

Re: VCFA House Report #6

Postby surfbum » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Great report Mike. Glad you guys had a good day. Let's hope it happens again tomorrow.....

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout