Moderator Control Panel ]

More, Less, Bigger, Smaller, but Not Better

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

More, Less, Bigger, Smaller, but Not Better

Postby SOBX » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:24 pm

No doubt we have caught more, damn sure have caught less, definitely have landed bigger & smaller, but Albert Bruno, Greg Hurt and I always have a blast fishing together and today all three of us squeezed into a 17ft Hewes Tailfisher and plied the waters of a tannic stained creek off the Neuse to avoid snotty winds. And boys & girls that was right tough to do today! ;)

Specks,

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc20 ... 795b7f.jpg

largemouth bass, and a few stray rockfish on 4wts mixed in with laughs, some cussing (mostly by the Big Possum), Ghirardelli Chocolates and enough cigar smoke to make my breathing difficult while just watching my boys light up made our trip. :lol:

We were dealt a weather hand and while the lone pic of a nice speck won't be in the running for Post of the Year, two old bastards and one younger sport that we pretty much introduced to the addiction known as saltwater fly fishing played the cards we were dealt and had a much better time than we probably deserved even after calling it a half day around 11:00AM to leave the wind all alone since it doesn't play well with others. ;)

Good Fishing & Merry Christmas!!!

Re: More, Less, Bigger, Smaller, but Not Better

Postby meatstick » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Nice ... very nice, BP. :mrgreen:

And a Merry Christmas to you and the girls !!

Re: More, Less, Bigger, Smaller, but Not Better

Postby SOBX » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:32 am

And to you and your, my friend.

Good Fishing & Merry Christmas!!!

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout