Moderator Control Panel ]

Thanksgiving afternoon

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

Thanksgiving afternoon

Postby SOBX » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Knew daughter wasn't getting to the Island til 5:30PM, winds started to lay out at noon and were fishable, so buddy and I left for the Rocks at 1:00PM for a classic 3 hour tour! ;)

Fished the last of the rising tide and a little of the falling with decent results in stirred water that was holding fish according to the HDS-8, and folks it is damnable hard to fool them machines.

Decent keepers in pre-taco mode,

since even really good left overs get old by Saturday. ;)

Only one boat when we dropped the hook, 3 when we headed home to make a 4:00PM curfew set by the ladies of the house and I was granted a pardon for showing up at 4:01PM. Fine Thanksgiving dinner, looking forward to the rest of the holiday weekend and desparately trying to find some more black/purple/gold flash
Clousers to toss into the 56 degree waters.

Trout fishing with a buddy ain't bird hunting with your Dad, but the later is no longer an option and the former was waiting for us like an old friend. :)

Happy Thanksgiving & Good Fishing!!!

Re: Thanksgiving afternoon

Postby meatstick » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:28 am

Glad to see you on-the-rocks. :mrgreen:

Re: Thanksgiving afternoon

Postby Landlocked » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:02 am

Looks like a better pre dinner game plan than mine; hanging garlands, putting up trees (yes trees, as in 4 of them!!), putting up lights, smashing finger with hammer while nailing up aforementioned garland, and tending to daughter whom had wisdom teeth extracted on weds :D

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout