Moderator Control Panel ]

VCFA House Report 10/30/13

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

VCFA House Report 10/30/13

Postby fishermike » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi! Just an incredible outstanding day both in the boats and on the beach. The sand people had a really good day, hooking 5 and landing 3 with lots of shots all day long. One of our members also lost his beach albie cherry! The boat action was just off the charts as we hooked 24 and landed 17 albies, all of them just to the west of the shoals. There were multiple bait balls showing up on our depth finders and the albies seemed to be feeding all day long. The key was keeping our lines in the water as we slowly motored around looking for blitzes. Many times we hooked up with no birds or splashing fish around, but there were bait balls we were going over. They would turn off for short periods of time and we just motored around until they got active or we could see their activity. Just an incredible day! One of our best ever and that goes along with our year so far, one of our very best as we currently have hooked 151 albies and landed 111 so far this year after 12 days. Hope it continues tomorrow before the big blow comes in on Fri to mess things up for a while. Looking forward to seeing you on the water with bent rods! Thanks and tight lines!, mike :D :D

Re: VCFA House Report 10/30/13

Postby wenzer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Another great report Mike! I'm glad the beach lit up for you guys today! Let's hope that trend continues! Wish I was still there with ya!Tight lines, Robert

Re: VCFA House Report 10/30/13

Postby dsqrd » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09 am

Look forward to each and every report. I bet this years success has you thinking about what your going to do to extend your season. Thanks, Dave

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout