Moderator Control Panel ]

Mid-day in "the other office"

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

Mid-day in "the other office"

Postby SOBX » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Had to get fuel, had to get through with 2 conference calls, had to watch the markets open, and had to time the tide right (based on last few days) and all that turned into a nice mid-day foray with willing albies from 10:30AM til I hit the dock at 1:45PM.

A baker's dozen from a few different spots, some with folks lined up and waiting for the next school of busting fish, and more out at a spot I beat Capt Horsely to by mere minutes (he was inshore of me all the way out and so were most of the birds & fish)! :D

We were the only boats on scattered busting pods and a bunch of cruisers and nice boils to cast to, and if you put a tutti frutti or chart/white fly in front of em you got bent right quick. Few more boats showed and a few more so I tried to head home but had a wonderful get together with Capt Sarah "as we gathered at the bait ball" and hooked up again.

The bait on the depthfinder screens is enough to make you check the settings, and that seems to have the fish scattered, but what a problem to have. Heard Brian just say one word on a radio call as I reached the Hook on the way in ----- WOW, so I assume it got real good after I left. Hope so anyway! :D

Tuesday forecast looks like a sweet one, hope I can get out for a while, and hope y'all can too with the cold front and a little more wind coming late this week. Might be the last go 'round for shorts & sandals, but it definitely ain't the end of albie season! ;)

Good Fishing!!!

Re: Mid-day in "the other office"

Postby Landlocked » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Sounds good to me. I'd really appreciate it if you could turn down the wind machine a few clicks for this coming thurs-sun.

Postby SOBX » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:24 pm

This is a point/spot forecast from the Dead Tree Hole (trust nothing past Wed evening and question the rest):

Synopsis...WEAK LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE NORTHEAST WELL OFF OF THE COAST TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST TUESDAY AND MOVE THROUGH THE AREA ON WEDNESDAY. COOL HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD INTO THE AREA THURSDAY INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight: NE wind 9 to 12 kt becoming N after midnight. A slight chance of showers after 2am. Seas around 2 ft.

Tuesday: NNW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers before 8am, then a chance of showers after 2pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.

Tuesday Night: SSW wind 7 to 12 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.

Wednesday: WSW wind around 17 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers before 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.

Wednesday Night: NNW wind 15 to 17 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

Thursday: N wind 9 to 12 kt becoming W 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.

Thursday Night: WSW wind 7 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.

Friday: NNW wind around 17 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

Friday Night: N wind 14 to 17 kt. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.

Bring your trout sticks, there is always somewhere to fish even when the wind blows! ;)

Good Fishing!!!

Postby bhorsley » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 pm

trout sticks for some but Wednesday could be a day off for the Flat Out --really like the 15 to 20 out of the north--to me that is almost perfect -- :D :D :D :D call me crazy but i prefer windy to too cam
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout