Moderator Control Panel ]

VCFA House Report #1

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

VCFA House Report #1

Postby fishermike » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi!
First report from the VCFA House. We had a great day on the water as we ended up about 3 miles NE of the lighthouse and 2 miles offshore after going thru the shoals. One of our members lost his Albie cherry along with going hru the shoals for the first time as well. He is currently resting comfortably at the house with a very contented smile! Total score board for the day : 3 albies hooked / landed, 15 spanish, 40+ blues and 2 small grey trout. Just a reminder that all fishermen / fisherwomen are always welcome to come by the house to tell lies about the days events. Tomorrow we plan to transform ourselves from boat people to shore people by fishing from shore at the point. I don't think anyone has fished there since the government shut-down and we are looking forward to a great day.
Have a great day tomorrow and tight lines to all!

Re: VCFA House Report #1

Postby lineastenso » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks Mike:
Tying flies, repairing waders, greasing reels, and chomping at the bit. SOON

Vince

Postby o1pilot » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Hey Mike,

Your report has me excited. I will not be worth a crap at work the next few days. Will be hard to not be thinking about Harkers and catching some friskie Albies. I plan of getting there Thursday afternoon and Ed will be arriving Friday evening and bringing his boat.

Reuben

Postby flybulleit » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Looking forward to fishing with you guys. Hope to chase down some of those Hog Albies. Will be pulling boat, arrive late Friday. Fish'n Saturday to Saturday! Like a kid waiting for Christmas day.
Ed

Postby captmatt » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:40 am

Hi guys,

I am looking forward to joining the fun!!!

Departing a week from tonight and can't wait.

Good luck!!

Matt

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout