Moderator Control Panel ]

May 30

Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout

May 30

Postby seadog » Sun May 31, 2009 7:48 am

Cathy & I went out looking for some Spanish & Blues yesterday. We found them, and a few other things.

Ran out of the Hook and noticed we had quite a few "marks" on the depth finder. But of course kept running out to the ocean. Plenty of reports of people getting a few here and there, but we didn't see much surface activity.

Ran back inside and picked up some blues on the flyrod (normal clousers and a silverside imitation). Spanish was caught on spinnging gear.

Got a report from a friend that some "fun" was happening just on the outside of the Hook. Got out there and a huge Menhaden ball had formed. Saw a couple of huge Spanish caught out of it, but the coolest thing was everyfew minutes, the ball would erupt from the center as if someone threw a grenade into it. "Something" big was busting it from underneath.

Ran back inside and found a few more Menhaden balls to throw at. Under one of the balls, Cathy noticed a little somethin somethin swimming underneath. She grabbed the 12wt and started throwing at a nice cobia. She was throwing a red/chart. deceiver, and had a few takes, but he wouldn't fully commit. Still, very cool. Even with a bad bus driver(I think I ran over him once), he stayed right by the boat.

Incredible sight / incredible day.

Jack & Cathy

Re: May 30

Postby bhorsley » Sun May 31, 2009 8:19 am

way to go guys---did the heart rate get up a little??? We would of loved to seen that----
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Re: May 30

Postby Emerson » Sun May 31, 2009 10:21 am

What a neat exciting report...that definitely would have been neat to see!!!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Return to Morehead City - Atlantic Beach - Harkers - Cape Lookout