Moderator Control Panel ]

Tieing get together

General Fly Tying Information

Re: Tieing get together

Postby kendalloz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Looks great! :D Bummer not to be there.... :cry:

Postby mb82 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm

You guys made yesterday a blast. To those who could not make it. I don't know about the other guys but I definitely want to do it again next year if not earlier so come to central Va and hang out with us.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:17 pm

here are pictures from yesterday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:20 pm

more pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:22 pm

the last of the pictures. it was a great time. and i am definitely in for doing another.
Bradley

Postby lwflyrod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 am

Everyone that attended, Thank you. It was a blast
Thanks Jeff for the food, Use of the Goo and spearheading this, thanks Todd for the Drink 8-) , Wished I wasnt the DD, also thanks for the use of the place and your tying skills.
It was a great time and well worth the 3hrs I drove to do it. (sorry more couldnt have made it) Maybe next year Mother Nature will give us a break.

My morning started at 530 headed to bridgewater picked up Brad and Kelsey and landed in Richmond at about 8:45 we grabbed some Sheetz donuts about 2 minutes away from the get together, Pulled up within 2 minutes Jeff and his Dad rolled in, Todd met us at the door.
Well we set up and away we went.
Had Fishing videos playing, Discussions on Reels, Rods, Fish and of course flies.
Todd, we definitely need to get together some time to fish some of those grounds in the Gloucester area you and I spoke about!
Jeff, I really liked the goo. I can see some really good uses, for it for both saltwater and freshwater applications.
Had Lunch, GREAT wings. and I tried one of each of the beverages. Thankl the baker of the chocolate chip cookies too.
after lunch Todd showed me how to tie a crease fly and then I tied one.
I personally have learned to tie a new fly ( a Crease Fly ) :D I didnt realize they were so easy.
I will be honest in the early stages of the morning I was a little scared that my tying skills were not up to par with those there, but after I saw other tying and tied my first one. I felt pretty comfortable. (not that I am anywhere near the tying knowledge of Todd) ;)
I never took a class (this was the closest thing) for tying. learned on my own through books and hands on.
later I broke out my first ever velcro crab fly I tied and gave everyone some black velcro dots. Then I could see Todd's mind working , well you saw his post.

Todd, I went to Wally world last night and got some hard as nails (Sally Hanson) :lol:
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Postby lwflyrod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 am

Jeff, left to go to work (sorry Dude)
and we tied some more, Even Todd's girls go in on the actions :)
We quit about 3 and helped Todd tidy up some.
Brad, Kelsey and I headed home with a quick stop to see Jeff at the ORVIS store, (had never been to that one)
The Richmond Traffic to get there really STUNK - Bumper to Bumper took 1/2 hr. plus another 10 minutes to find a parking spot. Seemed like ROUTE 12 north heading into DUCK on 4th of JULY WEEKEND
Now I know why I live out in the country! :D
Spent a few minutes in the store more like an hour.
Then we headed home. Dropped Brad and Kelsey off at Bridgewater and I got home about 7:50
The whole way drive all I thought about was fly tying IMAGINE THAT!

The Goo is the real deal and I am sold on it.
I think the thin has more uses. but didnt get to use the thick much.
Brad wants some, I want some too.
Thanks everyone it was Great!

LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!!
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Postby mb82 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:54 am

Bradley those pics are awesome.
Jeff G

Postby XXXi2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Looks like you guys all had a great time.
Sorry to have missed it. Oh well, there's always next year (or sooner). :mrgreen:
20" is not 20 lbs.

Postby mb82 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:47 pm

XXXi2 wrote:Looks like you guys all had a great time.
Sorry to have missed it. Oh well, there's always next year (or sooner). :mrgreen:

Like Thursday nights at the shop. Open tying sessions. Just let me know if you want to go and I will make it out.
Jeff G

PreviousNext

Return to General