Moderator Control Panel ]

Tie Fest

General Fly Tying Information

Tie Fest

Postby Emerson » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:27 pm

The annual tie fest extravaganza will be Sat Feb 12 this coming season.

I do not have details but this is like one of the wedding Save The Date notices!

It will probably be at the Kent Island Yacht Club?? If not...someone in the know will correct me.

If you have never been, it is fantastic!

One More Cast Tony is the organizer and hats off to him!

More info to follow!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Re: Tie Fest

Postby Cutter » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 am

E, you are correct. 2/12, KIYC, doors should open at 10, last till 4. Food and drink there for a nominal fee. No admission cost.

Historically Lefty, Bob Pop, Sarah, Brian .......... lots of the major players in our sport. All are there to teach and share. It is not a commercial event and has a much different vibe than the shows.

If you are new to this sport or have a kid coming up, it is a great place to get a jump start. If you have been doing it a while, all your friends will be there. I look forward to seeing everyone.
The world is your oyster-
So show up with a knife and know how to shuck.

Postby Sharpefly » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Just got email from Tony we will be down again from Erie if we not snowed in by then. Last year we got stopped on 68 coming acrossed Maryland. Hoping for nice ride down this year. Looking forward to it already. Great event!

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:17 am

wish i could make it again this year. that was the place sarah sold me on making the pilgrimage to harkers and it was totally worth it.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby Sharpefly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:07 am

Tony has posted the Flier for Tiefest on Tidalfish. Looks like another great show again. I talked with him last nite on the phone said he may have to find another place to hold this next year because of the great response from everyone and running out of room.

Return to General