Moderator Control Panel ]

OBFC invades the mountains!

Outer Banks first Fly Fishing Club. Stay tuned some hard working folks are trying to get it up and running!!

OBFC invades the mountains!

Postby Biff » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:58 pm

We got back just in time to enjoy the storm and miss the snow back in western Carolina from an awesome trip! Greg Allen, Charlie Byrne, Tom Sloate and I spent a week fishing the Tuckaseegee, Davidson, North Mills and the Raven Fork of the Oconoluftee early to late and I can say I haven't had a more enjoyable fishing trip in forever. Tom got the big'un a 22" rainbow, Greg is a fishing machine and I learned a bunch about technique watching him as he would pop a 18 0r 19 inch fish every hour or so, a true gentleman and free to spread the wealth of knowledge he holds. Charlie is a great guy and steady hand to hang with, and we ate good food, enjoyed great company and fabulous scenery standing waist deep in cool waters. Don't imagine it gets a whole lot better than that. Charlie and Tom headed out early and I got to watch Greg have an outstanding day Friday with 8 or 9 BIG fish, and I got my biggest toad that day too. 80 degrees most days...
You can never take a picture of a thing, you can only take a picture of the light on a thing - "the way that light attaches to a girl"

Return to Outer Banks Fly Casters