Moderator Control Panel ]

Week of 8-9 Thru 8-15

Looking for fishing buddy? Use this area to set up a make up charter of look for a fishing pal.

Re: Week of 8-9 Thru 8-15

Postby hh65cdr » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:04 am

Im thinking we may have a kayak invasion on the boiler next week one morning. How cool would that be. We should all consider an evening as well with the midday temps getting stupid hot. Another thought is if get a good spanish/bluefish report thats right off the beach we could hit that somewhere. I will work on the intel and report back soon. :idea: This is pretty cool that we have so many forum members that are going to be here the same week maybe we should all try to plan a get together for lunch or dinner. I am pretty sure we could get the Boss and Sara to join in.
Once you kill a cow, you got to make a burger.

Postby mb82 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am

Tracy I am definitely down for a M&G.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby BionicSenior » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:19 pm

I did a search here and found lots of references to the boiler but no description of where that is. It sounds like an area accessible by yak or boat but maybe not? I have been on this forum for a few years now and never heard of the reference until this year. If its a secret I understand.
:D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<'(((((><

Postby hh65cdr » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:29 pm

No secret now senior! It gets fished pretty hard but the few times I have hit it this year have been productive. A couple miles south of the OI bridge. A small paved parking lot ocean side just before your get to a ranger station sound side. Its been a great kayak spot this year just because its not far off the beach to paddle. Have surf fished there before with no joy. Im hoping to start running into Albies there in another month or so.

Postby BionicSenior » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 am

Found it on Google Earth; I see the parking lot and its just above an offshore indicator called "Wreck of Oriental-Boiler and Boat". I see that the wreck and the boiler are both about 200 yards off the beach. Its not an area to which I would venture since I am having trouble staying in a boat lately. :lol:
:D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<'(((((><

Postby mb82 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 pm

BionicSenior wrote:Found it on Google Earth; I see the parking lot and its just above an offshore indicator called "Wreck of Oriental-Boiler and Boat". I see that the wreck and the boiler are both about 200 yards off the beach. Its not an area to which I would venture since I am having trouble staying in a boat lately. :lol:

Didn't stop me last year... Right Tracy :lol:
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby hh65cdr » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 pm

The last couple of days have been yakkers dream days for the ocean. No swell and fair fishing. It looks like it will kick up on thursday. So we might have to look at soundside fishing. The cool news is you can drive around to the pond now. It was so cool to see 4wd's under the bridge this morning and that the plover didnt rule the whole year! Jeff and I are fishing friday via yaks not sure where yet. Will post more soon if anyone wants to join us.

Postby hh65cdr » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:50 pm

As far as the boiler goes it can be rather nerve racking your first time. I recomend not trying it alone. On a good west wind like this week it is perfect for kayaking. The only thing you have to watch is your launch and coming back in. I get rolled more coming back in then not! Even with 6 inch waves. Good to take yak with no rods and just practice. I see people make the surf look like cake all the time. Jeff and I bugged out last year when I was setting in the bottom and looking up 5ft with him on top of a swell. Be careful out there!!!

Postby lwflyrod » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 am

I rolled today in 5 inches. my rod went under :cry:
But i got it ok.

first time in the surf on a yak, great day for a beginner

Hey keep us informed about where youre going friday there is a good chance Bradley and I may be able to join you.
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Postby hh65cdr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:04 am

Look forward to fishing with you guys. We have so many choices on where to go. I just hope to find a spot with some fish for everyone!

PreviousNext

Return to The Hook Up