Moderator Control Panel ]

late report

Fishing reports from the Tidewater area and lower Chesapeake Bridge

late report

Postby BlueHeron » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Took the JB for two days (june 3&4) to cape charles.
First trip for the Cape Fisherman to that cape(been there lots with my kayak, and 17 ft carolina skiff)
Mostly progued around learning the newly accessable territory.
Got some nice local advise (thanks ;) )
The boat model is well named - right tool for that locale.
Lots of bait off kiptopeake(although the next day - wathched 3 omega ships, 3 spotter planes, and the small boats take em all)
got one small blue outta that early - to avoid the complete skunk.
looked for reds (saw none) and strippers. looked inshore, along tide lines, island 3 and 4, and the tube.
On day two had a great VIEW of a large school of stripers along the beach - one other boat had the angle, and I never got a cast to em. Something I'd like to see again!

Followed that with 3 days in the kayak on the bay side of accomack county - from Deep Creek to Morley's wharf (Occahanock cerek) It was touring with a group of good folks, but took a spinning rod. managed a couple of blues and a couple of stripers - all small.

everything on this trip looked fishy - but never found a concentration.

worked 12 hour days all last week - and just now finished putting away stuff
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Re: late report

Postby kendalloz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks for the report but...DUDE...Great you got to see the on-the-beach stripers but don't be shy! They are great for fly fishing! And there are some 40-plus inch fish in that school! Try to be polite but remember no one owns the water out there. Ease on in and make a cast if you can! Sounds like you were soooo close but no cigar!

:D :twisted: :mrgreen:

Yes there is a ton of bait out there and the Omega fleet has been there for weeks. This is not political (really, and sorry, boss) but you see at group of birds on the water go to investigate bait ball? No. Just bycatch bunker floating on top the pelicans are so full they cannot fly.

Re: late report

Postby TLT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

So...did you see the strippers, BH? :lol: ;)

Return to Tidewater / Lower Chesapeake Bridge