Moderator Control Panel ]

Hot Ditch Report

Fishing reports from the Tidewater area and lower Chesapeake Bridge

Hot Ditch Report

Postby kendalloz » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Took advantage of the slightly warmer temps today and went to the ditch with Artemus Gordon. We got a few small specks on fly and 1 striper but overall a slow day. But no skunk! :D Had the new "nose rider" bow platform on the boat. Has a battery box under it for bow trolling motors. Here is Gordon using it as a seat...taking a break from the heavy fishing action! ;) :lol:

Re: Hot Ditch Report

Postby mb82 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm

I thought it was a great day to be on the water.

Hey have you heard anything about shad being caught in the Elizabeth River? Had a customer telling me that at work on Saturday.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby bhorsley » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:03 pm

like the nose rider
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby scarter » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Nice addition! :)
" You can mow the grass if you want to, and you'd better want to.."
Dad

Postby SOBX » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Bet the view from up there is awesome, but I'd hate like Hell to fall off that thing!!! :lol:

KO, that thing looks tall as my poling platform. Is the back bar kinda like a step (looks kinda like the angle might allow it to be)?

God, to be younger and not look at something cool like that as I would a swarm of bees (painful if screwed with)!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Fishing!!!

Postby Emerson » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Great day to be out..

We want the GoPro on your head..standing on the platform and someone else operating the power..make sure you have the waterproof case on!
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Postby kendalloz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:30 am

mb, The only shad I have heard about in that area are mud/gizzard shad. Sometimes a school moves through and folks snag some by accident. There are some schools of small stripers patrolling so if you see marks that look like stripers cast because that is what it is...and they move a lot.

The nose rider is a little taller than some platforms I guess, and is right on the bow so you are in the action! That nicely leaves space on the deck behind it in case you wanna step down. I don't think the cross bar is a step just some overbuilt pipe work. Since it can hold a battery it is kinda overbuilt I think. They make once that even has a side mount for a trolling motor. And yes might need a sissy bar.

I was gonna take it off to use only when truly sight fishing but Artemus used it as a seat so often might have to leave it on.

Postby mb82 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 am

Thats what I was thinking KO. Well that or the guy has not clue about anything which is fairly common.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby XXXi2 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:59 pm

The bow platform looks good, Kendall. I think I need to rig one for the kayak. :?
Glad so see you got out and managed a few fish.
20" is not 20 lbs.

Return to Tidewater / Lower Chesapeake Bridge