Moderator Control Panel ]

Fly Tying Clinic with Tim Borski 12/4/10 Sign up Now !!!!

Fishing reports from the Tidewater area and lower Chesapeake Bridge

Fly Tying Clinic with Tim Borski 12/4/10 Sign up Now !!!!

Postby Coastalexplorer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:40 pm

Fly Tying Clinic With Tim Borski

The Virginia Coastal Fly Anglers Is proud to host Tim Borski for a fly tying clinic Saturday, December 4, 2010 from 10 am to 4 pm at the Bayside Presbyterian Church*, 1400 Ewell Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23455 (757-460-1188). Tim will discuss and demonstrate styles of tying to show participants how to create new flies to meet specific circumstances or tweak existing patterns to fish well wherever they live or travel. Tim will focus on topics like weight, color scheme, choice of material, hook choice, etc and will take all questions from the floor.

The clinic is limited to 20 participants and we will invite all participants to have breakfast with Tim prior to the clinic. If interested, contact Kevin DuBois at KevinDuBoisPhoto@gmail.com and I will start a "first come first served" reservation list, you will then have one week to send the full clinic fee of $50 to reserve your space. Send a check for $50 made out to the Virginia Coastal Fly Anglers and send it to Kevin Du Bois, 633 Prince Phillip Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23452. If the reservation fee is not received within the one-week time period, your name will drop to the bottom of the reservation list. We will stop receiving money when 20 paid reservations are received, but we will continue to accept names for the creation of a waiting list. Clinic fees are non-refundable but if we have a waiting list, we will assist you in recovering your reservation fee. Lunch is not provided, but we will break around noon for pizza or BYO brown bag.

See you there!

*See http://www.vcfa.org/SchedulesInfo/Direc ... fault.aspx for directions.

Registered participants:

1. Kevin Du Bois

2. Randall Carey

3. Chris Burbage

4. Jason Eversole

5. Scott Reppart

6. Mike LaHorner

7. Kendall Osborne

8. Mike Buss

Last edited by Coastalexplorer on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
http://www.KevinDuBoisPhoto.com

Re: Fly Tying Clinic with Tim Borski 12/4/10 Sign up Now !!!!

Postby meatstick » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:22 am

A rare opportunity folks ... Tim (as most of you know) is a super tier, angler, artist. I would be there in a heartbeat, but am committed to a meeting in Annapolis that day.

I've been tying his patterns and using his concepts for a number of years and the fish always approve. ;)

CX, get some good pics ... outdoors too.

Postby chrisb » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 am

Hi Kevin,

Sign me up.

Cheers,

Chris Burbage

Postby Coastalexplorer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:11 am

Jason asked what to bring to the class. Here's Tim Borski's reply:

I'll mostly be spinning and talking about some of my basic patterns (Chernobyl crab, Bone.Redfish Slider, some Tarpon and Snook food, etc. The idea is, everything I'll be doing will easily translate to both fresh and salt water.

Spinning hair, craftfur, bead chain and lead dumbell eyes will figure prominently. As will Mustad 34007's in #2 and #1's. Also, some odds and ends hooks which I'll supply...like Owner Mosquitoes. If anyone has some quality spinning hair, urge them to bring it. I'm low in supply and having difficulties digging it up.

Tim

Postby kendalloz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 am

Bump! Don't miss your chance to tie with this guy!

Postby Coastalexplorer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Here is what Borski is bringing...

Howdy Kevin, just got some materials to supplement stuff I already have. I'll be traveling with Spinning hair, polar fibre, Schlappen, strung neck hackles, bunny strips (zonker style), lead and bead chain eyes and an assortment of hooks from #2's to about 1/0's. This will keep us busy for as long as we choose!

Seeya soon!

Tim

Postby kendalloz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks to Kevin and VCFA for setting this up. It was a fun and educational event!

KO

Return to Tidewater / Lower Chesapeake Bridge