Moderator Control Panel ]

Lafayette River Report - 2 trips in one day

Fishing reports from the Tidewater area and lower Chesapeake Bridge

Lafayette River Report - 2 trips in one day

Postby kendalloz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Went to the Hampton Blvd bridge at 0530 today decent number of small stripers working the light line. Caught a few then spent too much time trying to get them on video...the low light and water freaked out the autofocus so no success. Gotta learn the camera's manual focus.

Current went slack so came in and had breakfast and a gym trip then back out at 0845. Got about 6 small specks on fly then it kinda died. Another forum member showed up not sure how much success he had. Switched to a chartreuse Gulp! and caught lotta more specks 3 largest only 14 inches...but tagged and released for the VIMS tagging program.

A few larger specks were caught today up river but I am not allowed to give up my friend's spots. Fewer fish caught but all decent.

Best bites are when the fly or lure moves with the current. Either do a "drop back" if fishing down current or cast up current and bring it back along the bottom.

Re: Lafayette River Report - 2 trips in one day

Postby mb82 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Great. Hey next time you do an early trip and need someone to go with give me a call. There is no such thing as too early for fish.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby arny » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Slow start, stuck it out, landed a few trout-good times. Hope you have good weather at Harkers. Arny

Postby toddkfly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:03 am

Sounds like a great morning!

Return to Tidewater / Lower Chesapeake Bridge