Moderator Control Panel ]

Lafayette River - Speck-a-go-go

Fishing reports from the Tidewater area and lower Chesapeake Bridge

Re: Lafayette River - Speck-a-go-go

Postby kendalloz » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:39 am

Go ahead if you want. It has been a few years since I asked but they said no. However, they could charge a small fee or have a donation box as i am sure they need money. I think they are worried about trash. Also, it is only open during the day so night fishing is out.

You are also not allowed to launch at the Library which is another convenient spot but you would probably not get in trouble if you launched there on a day when it is closed, like a Sunday.

Postby Coastalexplorer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:28 am

I've launched from the library....

The City is developing a revision to its outdoor plan and a component of that is developing waterway accces sites. You should write your Councilman/woman and tell them you want the Library site included in the access plan. They have a nice sandy beach for launching kayaks on the north side. 8-)
http://www.KevinDuBoisPhoto.com

Postby kendalloz » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Good advice i will. If access is after library hours there should not be a conflict. The parking lot is on the small side. Two good restaurants across the street too!

Postby mb82 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:23 am

kendalloz wrote:Good advice i will. If access is after library hours there should not be a conflict. The parking lot is on the small side. Two good restaurants across the street too!

See this is the kind of thing someone needs to tell me. Both the access thing and that those places have good food.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Previous

Return to Tidewater / Lower Chesapeake Bridge