Moderator Control Panel ]

New Canon DSLR

General Questions

New Canon DSLR

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm

I know alot of people on here shoot Nikon but for those who do use Canon, could anyone shed some light on whether the 7D or 5D Mark ii would be a better camera? I've been using a Canon 40D for about 4 years now and feel like the technology has changed enough that it might be time to upgrade.

Thanks!

Brad
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Re: New Canon DSLR

Postby bhorsley » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:24 pm

i know folks with both I like the 5dmark11 think it is a little tougher frame and is a full frame sensor.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8 ... rk_II.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6 ... gital.html
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks Brian
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby kendalloz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:05 pm

While there are a fair number of Nikon folks here I do not think anyone will argue with the fact that both Nikon and Canon make great cameras. What is probably more important than the camera body is the glass you use on it, and learning how to use it. Practice makes perfect. Better to invest in glass and learn, learn, learn how to use the dog gone thing!

Upgrading is a tough choice. On the video and photo forums you see tech chasers who chase the technology and upgrade every time something new comes out. That does not seem necessary, but on the other hand if you wait too long, your old gear can become almost worthless. You can see folks on eBay selling a Nikon lens that "includes" some worthless old body.

I use Nikon cause my dad used it and I still have some very nice old inherited and useful Nikon glass. Works for me.

Postby Biff » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Agreed - never see anybody walk up to a builder of a great house and ask what kind of hammers he uses!
You can never take a picture of a thing, you can only take a picture of the light on a thing - "the way that light attaches to a girl"

Postby flyinby » Tue May 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Nobody even uses a hammer anymore..... :lol:

Return to General