Moderator Control Panel ]

New Reel

General Questions

New Reel

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Hello All,

Went to an auction this weekend because I heard they had a bunch of fly gear and wanted to see what was there. Ended up trying to get a bunch of hooks, probably 300-400 dollars worth in one box but got out bid.( went for $45) then they got to some reels and I ended up gettting a DAM Quick 45 reel with extra spool for $40. Never heard of the brand before but it was in good shape and would work perfect for my 6wt. Does anyone know anything about these reels?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Re: New Reel

Postby bhorsley » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 am

Quick also made spinning reels--made in France i believe mainly in the 60s and early 70's then i think they got absorbed by Abu GArcia
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Re: New Reel

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Interesting. Thanks for the info Brian. The reel and spool both came with lines on them but were not labeled. Does anyone know how I can tell what line size these are? Thanks
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Return to General