Moderator Control Panel ]

Camera case

General Questions

Camera case

Postby Emerson » Sun May 10, 2009 9:00 pm

IMGP0768.jpg
I won a beer bottle cooler or cozzy a few months ago. It is one of those flat ones that can only be used on a bottle.
IMGP0769.jpg

I also purchased a camera...a Pentax Optio W 60. I was looking for a camera case...they were too expensive and too much of a pain to get out. I remembered this bottle cooler/cozzy. I doubled up some 100 lb mono...put it through the loop in the camera for a lanyard..my neck and head are a bit large for standard issue. :lol: Plus the 200 lbs is just perfect for me.

I cut a V hole in the bottom and threaded the mono through.
IMGP0770.jpg

Now..on a boat, I just wear it around my neck and under a shirt. If I am fishing a stream, I have it behind my chest pack. It works great.
IMG_2133.jpg

If I want to use it..I just slip up the foam...it goes easily and when I am finished, it slides down and protects the camera. It works perfectly for me and is very reasonably priced!!! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Re: Camera case

Postby mb82 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:04 pm

1. I hope you enjoyed the photographed beer and it was not removed from the fridge in vain.
2. Very nice very simple yet effective.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby BlueHeron » Wed May 13, 2009 5:57 pm

I've seen this prototype field tested. Appears to operate at designed specs.

Good work E
Dave
the bus came by and I got on
that's when it all began

Postby kendalloz » Wed May 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Only part of this post that may be false...you "won" the coozy? How? Don't they usually give those things away? :?: :roll: :geek: :?:

Postby Emerson » Wed May 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Now Kendall....we went to a bar in Scranton, PA...ya gota know the area...this was not the grand prize but some girls from a local radio station were going around asking questions..I actually forget what they asked..but I got it right and I received a free cozy... :lol:

winning is winning....

Emerson

Postby BlueHeron » Thu May 14, 2009 9:36 am

"winning is winning" ?
'Operates to designed specs" ?

some low bars to clear here :roll:

that's bars as in standards, not bars as in scranton..... 8-)

E are you sure the question wasn't "what's your name baby? I've got something for ya?" in whihc case getting only the cozy might not be "winning". :lol:

but still very cool, very E
Dave
that's when it all began

Postby Emerson » Thu May 14, 2009 12:00 pm

It is hard to type as I am laughing so much! :lol:

Yes yes to all.. Here is more detail: The wives were visiting their aunt..I told one husband.."I have a plan"..he was a bit suspect as being around my plans in the past! :) Any place we would visit would put a giant step up on the fun meter! I was driving..he was a captive. This place, as I was told by my wife's aunt afterward, had been in the red light district! Notice, past tense..but now it was on its way up..not there yet and not there this weekend! My brother-in-law does not have much experience in slightly wilder place...that was part of my chuckles. We were the oldest 2 in the place...the 'girls' from the radio station that came up to us to ask us the questions were part of the amusement! Answering their questions reminded me of Jay Leno's type of questions asking the "average" citizen things.... similar to the questions you posed! :P

Bottom line..the cozy has more of a history than just plain old winning...winning here was not just the answer....it was the entire night experience! It was a place that I could have done the heron walk and hardly been noticed! You would have enjoyed yourself immensely.. sort of when I said...Roachie and Obrien's.....it is the entire scenario!

Just another night out ..... ;)

Emerson

Postby Cutter » Thu May 14, 2009 12:06 pm

Wasn't any Beast of the East action going on was it?
The world is your oyster-
So show up with a knife and know how to shuck.

Postby BlueHeron » Fri May 15, 2009 9:53 am

So I get it now-
The camera inside is just an excuse to wear this special beer cozy as a locket around your neck. It's nice that you want to keep it close to your heart. Must have been a special night up there in scranton. :lol:
Gotta watch those girls- they can leave you with more than a beer cozy to remember them by. :o
Dave
that's when it all began

Postby JHasty » Fri May 15, 2009 11:39 am

>>> I agree w/suspect...

Return to General