Moderator Control Panel ]

New RIO lines for 2009

General Questions

New RIO lines for 2009

Postby JoeB » Fri May 08, 2009 10:04 am

Just ordered the new RIO WF8F "Redfish" line to try out this season. In recent years I have fallen in love with the Airflow 40+ lines, but remember using some of the RIO products (Outbound??) while fishing with the Boss on several occassions over the past few years. At almost $75, it will be the most expensive lines I own, but i was looking for something to fire off quick casts while kayak fishing in the marshes, able to turnover larger crease flies and gurglers to unsuspecting reds in 2' of water.

Has anyone used this new Redfish line yet? Any feedback on what to expect?
Have kayak...will travel.

Re: New RIO lines for 2009

Postby wally » Fri May 08, 2009 6:10 pm

hey joe... i fished a demo wf9 down there at harkers this past oct on the marshes (the ones between beaufort and chucks place) for reds. it turns over real nice and shoots well.... can't wait till i can toss it some more. i also fished it off of atlantic beach to spaniards and blues... but to those hungry critters a clothes line would probably work just as well. :lol:

walt

Postby bhorsley » Sat May 09, 2009 9:03 pm

you will like the red fish line :D :D
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Postby JoeB » Sun May 10, 2009 6:50 pm

bhorsley wrote:you will like the red fish line :D :D

I'm sure I will, though I'm hoping I don't like it too much that I'll feel the "need" to replace perfectly good fly lines with newer RIO products. Such is life in the fly fishing game, I guess.

I should be getting the line Mon/Tues and will try and make it out for some early top water action during the week before work Weds-Fri. Will report back on the line and my thoughts once I get a few outings under my belt.
Have kayak...will travel.

Postby bhorsley » Sun May 10, 2009 8:22 pm

i fished it in LA this winter when it was blowing 82 kts--fished quite well.
growing old ain't for sissies
Pure-T-Mommicked

Return to General