Moderator Control Panel ]

FLY RODS FOR SALE

General Questions

FLY RODS FOR SALE

Postby JoeB » Tue May 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Ok Gents,

I'm thinning out the herd in order to streamline my selection and get some extra $$$ to go towards the Sage rods (10# Xi2 and maybe a 12#) I've been wanting since last season. I'm at work right now so no pics available, but if there is interest, I'll take and post some when I get home tonight.

1. Orvis Silver Label 9' 9wt, Tip Flex, 2-piece. Initially purchased in 2000, but has not seen the water since 2003 when I switched to a 6 & 8wt for inshore fishing. Blank and guides are perfect, grip shows normal wear, but no large defects. This is a sweet casting rod! Comes with original cordura tube (green) in good condition. Original price was a bit over $300, asking $150.

2. Orvis Silver Label 9' 10wt, Mid-Flex, 2-piece. Same description as above, but one year "younger". :lol: Cork a bit less used-looking. Blank and guides in perfect condition. Purchased this as a back-up to my Loomis GLX 10wt, which I've since sold (worst mistake ever :cry: ). Been on the water once, but lawn-cast a bunch of times. Being a mid-flex it doesn't suit my casting stroke. Also comes with green cordura rod tube. Original price was over $300, asking $150

3. Custom made Dan Craft Signature V 9' 10wt 3-piece. Fast action blank made with full wells cork grip, struble double up-locking reel seat and Fuji SiC guides (first three double foot, then singles on the rest of the rod). Wraps are maroon and silver. Extra #20 stripping guide 4" from first stripper to help in getting a few more feet of distance. PVC rod tube (the Home Depot kind :lol: ). Used exactly three times. Blank was $99, components around $75. Asking $150 OBO.

4. Also have an Orvis Frequent Flyer 908-7 fly rod (http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoic ... at_id=7445) which has never been used--still with plastic on the cork handle! I'm leaning towards holding onto this rod...but can be talked into selling :D . Reatil is $225...perhaps $175???

I want to give the members here a shot before going to ebay. Let me know if there are any questions or pic requests. Will be listing this on another forum as well to help speed up the process so I can get some new sticks in here ASAP!!!
Have kayak...will travel.

Re: FLY RODS FOR SALE

Postby JoeB » Wed May 13, 2009 7:50 am

Bumping this up to the top...flexiblle on the prices...

Re: FLY RODS FOR SALE

Postby JoeB » Fri May 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Another rod for sale:

St Croix Avid 8'6" 5wt, 2-piece with black cordura rod tube. Used sparingly as I rarely do any freshwater fishing. $100, OBO.

Return to General