Moderator Control Panel ]

Kayak fishing spots in between kill devil hills and OI??

Kayak Fishing

Kayak fishing spots in between kill devil hills and OI??

Postby Siessmack » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Headed down south to the land of the sand, tryin' to catch some fish with a fly rod in my hand... I've been vacationing in Ocracoke my entire life but have never fished anywhere north of there along the rest of the OBX other than a trip at OI with the Bossman a ways back. Anybody willing to clue me in on a good spot to kayak and fish for the day this upcoming weekend near Kitty Hawk? I hear lots of talk about the Prop Slough, Blossie's, etc but don't know where they are. I am definitely willing to drive down to Oregon Inlet and put in down around there. Would prefer to be away from the crowds if possible. No secret spots needed but as my fly fishing clients in Aspen liked to say "I'd like to go to a spot where I can catch a lot of big fish." :D

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Kayak fishing spots in between kill devil hills and OI??

Postby lwflyrod » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Seissmack, theres a post called Corola (thats the way its misspelled in the post dated from 2009 ) on the board here search it out in the search bar it explains those names and has map of locations.

BCflyfisher (brad) and myself are coming down this weekend arriving sunday...(he's been in Wisconsin all summer doing an internship with the University of Notre Dame, researching the effects of the Rusty Crayfish and the Smallmouth Bass, he's been looking under a microscope for the last 2 weeks and hasnt fished so he's going through withdrawls right now.which means he's ready to fish!)..We will have yaks and hope to do some fishing ourselves. PM us and maybe we can hook up. We usually hook up with Tracy and Jeff, but Tracy is at school this week and Jeff well he went way south to hatteras this time and we may not be able to get our original armada together but always like to add more people to the experience. We stay above Duck/ Pine Island area.
We can show you some of what we know, (not much compared to the guys on the board but 2 -3x a year on the obx for the past 3 years saltwater flyfishing we can get things in the right direction at least
We're trying to come up with some cash to take a day with Sarah, but its tight with my daughter just starting Va Tech in 3 weeks and Brad going back for his last year at Bridgewater. Maybe the fish gods will make it happen for us.
Lee W
"Teach a kid to fish and give the gift of a lifetime of memories."

Postby JHasty » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:26 am

>>> Be sure to check @ fishing licsense. Some areas require both(joint waters)

Postby hh65cdr » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Wright Memorial bridge is the boundary for salt/fresh fishing license. Most the officers wont say anything as long as you have the coastal license.
Once you kill a cow, you got to make a burger.

Return to Kayak Fishing