Moderator Control Panel ]

Fly Fishing From My Native Versa Board

Kayak Fishing

Fly Fishing From My Native Versa Board

Postby flytyingyaker » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:41 pm

I just recently purchased a Go Pro Hero HD and this Saturday was my first chance to use it. I love this thing it is simple to use, it takes great footage and it mounts anywhere. Here is a link if you want to check them out.

GoPro Products - Record & Share Your Most Memorable Moments

I went fishing with Mulletman and Myrtlegroveangler. MyrtleGroveangler was the only one to catch a fish that day. He landed a nice healthy 23" Red Drum. Unfortunately my camera batterie had died at this point.

After filming one day i realize that to turn my camera on and off is going to be a pain due to where it is mounted. So I am going to purchase 2 more batteries so I can film an entire trip. Lets face it you never know when a fish is going to hit or something is going to happen so you want the camera rolling at all times. Two more batteries will allow me to film for 7 1/2 hrs.

Also I would like to purchase 2 more Go Pro so I can get multiple angles keep one in the back facing forward, have one in the front facing backwards and one on my head so I can point the camera at what ever I need to.

Here is my first video. watch it in full screen if you can on 2 different occasions I spook Redfish. This is my first time editing and putting together a video. I am looking forward to the fishing heating up and hopefully getting some good footage.

http://www.vimeo.com/21570303
Native Watercraft endorsed fishing Guide

TFO Rods • Waterworks-Lamson Fly Reels • NRS • Accent Paddles • Scientific Angler

Heroes On The Water

Cape Fear Chapter Coordinator

Re: Fly Fishing From My Native Versa Board

Postby kendalloz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 am

They are fun cameras. GoPro just came out with a battery pack that plugs into the back of the camera to double your time. Comes with an expanded back for the case as well. Fifty bucks. Not as cheap as a battery alone but saves making a change in the field. Another thing to consider is turning the camera off and on now and then (and deleting a file if nothing has happened). Otherwise you get one HUGE file at the end of the day. It is much easier to deal with multiple small files (especially if some contain no action) than one monster file.

Re: Fly Fishing From My Native Versa Board

Postby flytyingyaker » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:40 pm

I like the idea of deleting video if nothing happened. But turning the camera on and off is out of the question. It is to much of a hassle to turn it on and off. I just assume leave it running and deal with it when I get home. Thanks for the tips
Native Watercraft endorsed fishing Guide

TFO Rods • Waterworks-Lamson Fly Reels • NRS • Accent Paddles • Scientific Angler

Heroes On The Water

Cape Fear Chapter Coordinator

Return to Kayak Fishing