Moderator Control Panel ]

FRI - 12/3: heading out again

Kayak Fishing

FRI - 12/3: heading out again

Postby HanoverYakker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Looking to try the Pouqouson Flats again if the wind cooperates or possibly Queens Creek. Lynnhaven is not out of the question.....
Last edited by HanoverYakker on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: FRI - 12/3: heading out again

Postby toddkfly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Hanover,

I'll be running out of Dare on Friday so if you go keep an eye out for Jones Brothers 1910LT as I'll probably be cutting over the Flats at some point. Not sure the Flats will be that productive right now. Specks and Pups should be long gone but you never know. If the tide is right you can find schoolies on the edges of the flats. They tend to move quick but can stumble upon a moe every once in a while. There is also a nice cut right up against drum island marsh but you need a high tide moving in either direction to catch it right and it tends to fish better in late spring. Queens creek may be the better play. I'm going to flip a coin Friday morning and either go north of NPC or go SE to the CBBT. Hopefully the water will settle out and clear by then. Eastern side is always more clear after a blow or heavy rain. Good luck where ever you go.

Re: FRI - 12/3: heading out again

Postby HanoverYakker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Appreciate the info - Queens Creek has always been on my target list anyway. Just looking to get some more practice with the new fly rod. I'll also carry my medium fast spinning rod just to take a break from the casting motion until I get more proficient. I can't wait. Maybe this time I will actually remember to take some photos of the scenery for a change :roll: :roll: . Especially if the bite has turned off.

UPDATE - FRI - 12/3: heading out again to Lynnhaven

Postby HanoverYakker » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:36 pm

I decided after another WKFA person wanted to join me to go to Lynnhaven instead, since they would already be in the immediate area. Anyone is still welcome to join me. Launching at 7am.

Return to Kayak Fishing