Moderator Control Panel ]

Brrrr bur burrrr bur bur burrrr

Kayak Fishing

Brrrr bur burrrr bur bur burrrr

Postby mb82 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:12 pm

You ain't going to believe this story.
The wave was like 30ft tall and..... ok ok so the wave was like 4ft tall and this happend :(

Broke my paddle I have been using for the last 11 years. Kinda surprised me when after the whitewater cleared I had two paddles in my hands not one. As I was paddling out for the third wave of the day I got caught in the break zone as a few bigger waves were coming in. Thought I could make it through without too much damage. I was wrong.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Re: Brrrr bur burrrr bur bur burrrr

Postby hh65cdr » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Why do waves have to make a surfer happy and a kayakfisherman unhappy??? Cant we all just find a happy middle??? Flat days are coming :D
Once you kill a cow, you got to make a burger.

Postby JHasty » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:38 pm

>>> Paddlng on the wrong side of the dunes Jeff?

Postby mb82 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Tracy I was surfing so the bigger the better... if I would have launched at the right time and not in the beginning of the swell.

Mr. Hasty I really have not fished much this year. Kinda figured with the season that has been going on down here and with the swell that has been going on at the beach I would leave the rods unrigged and have some fun with the surfboat.

So this afternoon I took two more waves the exact same way, no broken paddle just a headache, apparently that much water hitting you in the face will infact leave a mark, on your brain.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby JHasty » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:01 pm

>>> would really enjoy'd being there. N much need of a saline bath. Hope to get down next month.

Return to Kayak Fishing