Moderator Control Panel ]

Off da beach

Kayak Fishing

Off da beach

Postby hh65cdr » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 am

Launched off the beach this evening. Heard of blues and smacks being caught off the end of piers. I didnt get a bite but sure found some solitude out on my own in the great blue. Water was very choppy. The trident kicked a** in the surf with no roles.

Once you kill a cow, you got to make a burger.

Re: Off da beach

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 am

sweet! sometimes just paddling around is even better than fishing.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby mb82 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:02 am

Where is the surf? ;) :lol:

Beautiful out there.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby woolybugger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Beautiful evening! Question about your Trident. Which one do you have? I have the 11 and I think it takes in a little too much water around the center hatch, which is rather large on the Trident 11. Found this out Friday when I rolled it in a rapid for the first time. Got it corraled in about a minute, but took in at least a couple of gallons of water in this amount of time. I'm thinking about buying some gasket material from an auto parts store and trying to get a better seal. I also found another use for the float on the anchor line. The line wraps around your rods when you turn upside down, and the float keeps them just under the surface so you don't need to go snorkling to find your gear. :shock:
Jim C
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Return to Kayak Fishing