Moderator Control Panel ]

New Yak - 1st trip

Kayak Fishing

New Yak - 1st trip

Postby woolybugger » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:54 am

Picked up my new Yak Sat in Farmville at Appomattox Canoes. Went with the Ocean Trident 11 Angler. A little lighter and shorter which should help on the rivers where I do most of my fishing, but maybe not as good for the saltwater that I can't wait to try out. Headed to Briery Creek lake for the afternoon to try her out. I'm not much of a lake fisherman, but I did get two nice bass and two nice pickeral. If I could figure out how to resize my pic, I would add it. Anyway, thanks to you guys for your advice, I may be back for more. If you ever need some recon on the upper James, let me know.
Jim C
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Re: New Yak - 1st trip

Postby hh65cdr » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:47 am

Congradulations Jim, You wont be disapointed with it. It will do fine down here in the sound and flat ocean days.
Once you kill a cow, you got to make a burger.

Postby mb82 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Congrats. I never have done well at Briery. I don't know why just never dialed the place in.
So what mods are you going to make to the boat? It is a kayak they can't go more then a month stock after being on the water.
Jeff G
Generally found under a bridge somewhere.

Postby woolybugger » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:14 pm

I started working on my milk crate. I need a couple of low angle rod holders so as to not snag rod tips in low hanging branches. I usually carry fly rod and spinners when I float, and I think I have figured a good way to carry the fly rod without needing to try out the lifetime warranty. I need to add the anchor system. Never used crush nuts before(except one time playing third base) - hope that works out okay. Outside of that, I'm in the "necessity is the mother of invention" stage.
Jim C

Postby meatstick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Most cameras come with some photo editing software.

I use Paint Shop Pro.

You can also resize once to upload the pic to photobucket.

Postby BCflyfisher2012 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:52 pm

ive found the easiest way to post them on here from a windows computer is to just use the Microsoft Office picture manager. Once you open it, go to picture-----> compress picture------> then i pick web page. It reduces them nicely to upload.
Bradley

"Spend it while you can, money's contraband, you can't take it with you when you go" ~ Jimmy Buffett

Postby mb82 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Flyrods can be tough to stow. I like HH65s way of putting it into what looks like a paddle holder.
Personally Infanview is the way to go for picture editing.
You can set the size to their preset sizes 640X whatever
Or you can set them to the exact size you want. Also allows for blurring of backgrounds( if needed) just about an editing the average person needs to do.
Jeff G

Postby meatstick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks for passing that on, Jeff. I think I will switch to Irfanview for my photo editing.

Go to: http://www.irfanview.com/

Postby mb82 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:29 pm

meatstick wrote:Thanks for passing that on, Jeff. I think I will switch to Irfanview for my photo editing.

Go to: http://www.irfanview.com/

I have been using the program for 6 or so years. I am still finding new things I can do with it from time to time.
Nice thing is, it is free and it does a good job without being a resource hog on your computer.
Jeff G

Postby woolybugger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 am

pike1 (4).jpg

I hope this works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim C

Next

Return to Kayak Fishing