Moderator Control Panel ]

Fly Fun in Belize

Costa Rica - Belize - Guatamala - etc.

Fly Fun in Belize

Postby Ctuk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Just got back from three days of fishing at El Pescador on Ambergris Cay. What a great place to catch plenty of bones and a few permit and tarpon. Not big bones but a lot of numbers. One of our group got a grand slam (he's 87 years old). I couldn't believe the number of bones...our first day all 10 boats (big group) hooked over 20 fish each including a few permit and a tarpon. One boat landed over 40. My first lady fish on a fly....got into a bunch under birds...reminded me of Harkers.

El Pescador has first class accommodation, food and staff. Sorta got hooked on the Belikin, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fly Fun in Belize

Postby kendalloz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:31 am

Looks like fun!

Postby meatstick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Great report !! As for those "ladyfish" ... now you know why they used to call them "ten pounders".

Postby generalfly » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:47 am

Planning to head down to Belize at the end of August. Planning to take gear for bones/snook/tarpon.

Will be staying on Ambergris, north of San Pedro. This isn't primarily a fly fishing trip, but will have a guide for a day or two on the flats.

Wondering if there are any fishing opportunities on the east side of the island, between the beach and the reef. Will have kayak access, and would like to go out on my own in the mornings if possible. But not quite sure if that water holds anything worth targeting. Imagine some 'cuda cruise through here and there. Any opportunities for jacks/snook?

Thanks!

Postby Emerson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Great report...looks like you hit it perfectly! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
expelled by el Compressor

Emerson

Return to Central America